- adjectiveunsurpassed in some respect up to the present (Freq. 1)-
prices at an all-time high-
morale at an all-time low-
among the all-time great lefthanders
* * *\\ˈ ̷ ̷ˌ ̷ ̷\ adjective1. : full-time2.a. : for or of all time up to and including the present
an all-time averageespecially : exceeding all others of all time
an all-time record
receipts are expected to reach an all-time high
an all-time baseball team
* * */awl"tuym'/, adj.1. never surpassed or greater: Production will reach an all-time high.2. regarded as such in its entire history: an all-time favorite song.[1910-15]
* * *allˈ-time adjectiveOf all time to date• • •Main Entry: ↑all
* * *all-time UK US adjective only before nounused for comparing someone or something with all the other people or things of the same type that have ever existed
Bogart has got to be one of the all-time greats.
Interest rates are at an all-time high.
the all-time worst playerThesaurus: ways of comparing thingssynonym
* * *all-time «L TYM», adjective. U.S. Informal.1. of or for time within memory: »
an all-time box office favorite.2. of or for all time up to the present: »
an all-time track record.3. outstripping all others of all time: »
an all-time high in farm production.
* * *adj. [attrib.] unsurpassed
all-time favorite | interest rates hit an all-time high
* * */ˈɑːlˌtaım/ adj, always used before a noun: more than all others have ever been
It's my all-time favorite movie.
The price of gasoline has hit an all-time high. [=the price is higher than it has ever been]
* * *ˈall-time [all-time] adjective only before noun(used when you are comparing things or saying how good or bad sth is) of any time
one of the all-time great players
my all-time favourite song
Unemployment reached an all-time record of 3 million.
Profits are at anall-time high/low.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
all-time — adj. 1. unsurpassed in some respect up to the present. prices at an all time high; morale at an all time low; among the all time great lefthanders [WordNet 1.5] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
all-time — adjective Date: 1914 1. full time 1 2. being for or of all time up to and including the present; especially exceeding all others of all time < an all time best seller > … New Collegiate Dictionary
¡All-Time Quarterback! — Background information Genres Alternative rock Years active 1997–2002 … Wikipedia
All time low — фото Основная информация Жанр поп панк, powerpop Годы с 2003 настоящее время … Википедия
All Time Low — All Time Low … Википедия
All Time Love — Single infobox Name = All Time Love Artist = Will Young from Album = Keep On Released = 16 January 2006 Format = CD, Digital download Recorded = 2005 Genre = Pop Length = Label = BMG Producer = Last single = Switch It On (2005) This single = All… … Wikipedia
All-time Olympic Games medal table — The silver medal was awarded to the winner of each event during the 1896 Summer Olympics. The current system of gold, silver, and bronze medals was not implemented until the 1912 Olympic Games An all time medal table for all Olympic Games from… … Wikipedia
All Time Greatest Hits — Infobox Album | Name = All Time Greatest Hits Type =Compilation album Artist = Loretta Lynn Released = May 23, 2002 Recorded = February 26, 1964 February 3, 1978 Genre = Country Length = Label = MCA Producer = Owen Bradley Reviews = *Allmusic… … Wikipedia
All-time medal tally of Commonwealth Games — This page shows the progressive medal tally after each Commonwealth Games.These rankings sort by the number of gold medals earned by a country. The number of silvers is taken into consideration next and then the number of bronze. If, after the… … Wikipedia
Dirty Work (альбом All Time Low) — Dirty Work … Википедия
The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time — Video by Radiohead Released 1 December 2004 … Wikipedia